13 Jan Common Eye Conditions and Their Symptoms
Your eyes are an important part of your overall health, and it’s important to be aware of any changes or issues with your vision. At Total Eye Care Billings (totaleyecarebillings.com), we are here to help you maintain good vision and eye health. Here are some common eye conditions and their symptoms:
- Dry eye: Dry eye is a condition in which the eyes do not produce enough tears, or the tears evaporate too quickly. Symptoms of dry eye include dryness, itching, burning, and a feeling of grittiness in the eyes.
- Allergies: Allergies can cause itchy, watery eyes and may be accompanied by other allergy symptoms such as sneezing and a runny nose.
- Pink eye (conjunctivitis): Pink eye is an infection of the conjunctiva, the clear membrane that covers the white part of the eye. Symptoms of pink eye include redness, swelling, and discharge in the eyes.
- Glaucoma: Glaucoma is a group of eye conditions that can damage the optic nerve and lead to vision loss. Symptoms of glaucoma may include vision loss, especially in the periphery, and eye pain.
- Cataracts: Cataracts are cloudy areas in the lens of the eye that can cause vision loss. Symptoms of cataracts include blurry vision, difficulty seeing at night, and the need for more light to see.
- Macular degeneration: Macular degeneration is a condition that affects the center of the retina, called the macula, and can cause vision loss. Symptoms of macular degeneration include difficulty seeing fine detail, distorted vision, and a decrease in the ability to see colors.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms or any other changes in your vision, it’s important to see an eye doctor. At Total Eye Care Billings (totaleyecarebillings.com), our team of experienced eye doctors is here to help you get the care you need. Don’t wait to address any issues with your vision – schedule an appointment with us today.